Monday, July 16, 2012

Easy Meal Idea

Hola!! Sorry for the very late post. It has been a busy,stressful, and complicated week and because of this I didn't even make a to-do list for the week.  But I am looking forward to a better, but not less busy week
 ( fingers and toes crossed)!! I am counting my blessings and hoping for the best. First, my poor hubby became very ill and had to be taken to the ER. He's doing better, but still needs to take it easy for the rest of the week. Lots of prayer and wonderful family and friends helped him get through this. He's rarely sick, so it broke my heart to see him like that. We also had some major problems with our internet. Which is very frustrating.. especially when I have so many blogs that I stalk, um follow. Enough ranting.....
I have a fairly easy meal idea- its my go-to when I have a few pieces left chicken and not a lot of time. I don't have exact measurements or cooking times,and I am certainly no chef, but it's just a general idea of a simple meal that the hubby and I both enjoy.


{Chicken Tostadas}
Ingredients:
Boneless Chicken Breasts ( I cook about 3)
Mayonnaise ( About 1 cup)
Celery (about 1/2 cup)
Onion (about 1/3 cup)
relish ( about 1/2 cup)
Tomato and Lettuce
Corn Tortillas (to cook) or ready-made Chalupa shells


1. Boil water and cook chicken until it's done

2. Cut chicken or do what I do and  let the food processor do the work for you, lol!

3. Put chicken in a bowl and mix mayo, celery, relish and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste

4. Spread chicken salad on to chalupa shell

5. Top with lettuce and Tomato. You can also top with avocado, cheese, jalapenos, and my hubby likes to add hot sauce and a little bit of lemon or lime.

EASY DINNER IDEA- LOVE IT!!

There has been major spring summer cleaning going round here. I have purged so much for donation and thrown away even more.  I have been very busy organizing stuff and labeling boxes to go into our brand new STORAGE SHED- WE are sooo EXCITED!!! Why?? Cause we are finally reclaiming our guest bedroom and we have so many plans for it.  I also got my Becky Higgins page protectors and my picture order from Shutterfly and I have been busy sorting pics and putting pages together for my Project Life. I also worked on my niece's senior album- YES, i'm still working on it and hope to finish it before she graduates from college!!!!!! I've teased you so much with this senior album, here's a little preview....


Because my hubby is home sick this week I'm making a mini version of  my weekly to-do list and see how  much I can do. Have a great week Y'all!!


Michelle















No comments:

Post a Comment