Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Progress & Project Life Process

Hi there!! Well Surprisingly, I managed to finish some of the things I had on my list...

My Clean-Up List
1. Clean and Organize pantry
2. Finish organizing lower kitchen cabinets
3.Clean and organize laundry area
4. Start cleaning spare room.

The only thing that I really wasn't able to do was to start cleaning the spare room, that will be a big task. But i'm hoping I'll get to it this weekend. My other list-" the fun one", I was not as productive. I did about 3 weeks of project life, and I created the printables for my Christmas planner, and that's about it. I'm hoping to start working on my niece's senior album again and finally finish it. And..of course I'll show you the finished product.
I have been doing project life for the last year and a half. I  attempted to start in 2010, but that was a very hard year and so many things got in the way.. as a matter a fact I stopped scrapbooking all together and my scrapbooks all stop in 2009. I'm slowly catching up or finding ways to document that year in my life that I "missed". My biggest problem is that I procrastinate in buying the project life core kit, as a matter a fact, I have yet to buy one for this year, I am patiently waiting for the kits to come back in stock.  But technically I am doing project life- I am taking photos, saving memorabilia, and journaling. First I made a calendar for each month of the year, this has served as a mini journal where I write notes and talk about my day.



 I took an idea from the Library of memories and used a photo storage album to corral all  my printed photos and memorabilia.


 After I collected and sorted all my stuff, I wanted to organize everything and see how it would work together. I had a small notebook from Wal-mart  and decided to use it as a guide to put together my pages when I finally get my Becky Higgins core kit.


I draw out the design A  page protector and each week, I sit down and design my pages including inserts where I use different size/ design page protectors. It might seem  a bit daunting, but honestly it works for me and keeps me on track. I have been on pinterest, and other blogs and some people are using planning sheets by Marci Penner- Genius!! I'll probably do that next year- since I don't wanna switch gears in the middle of the year. I have found blogs and YouTube channels of scrapbookers doing project life and man  did I have an A-HA moment. Here I am, waiting for the core kits to become available and people are mixing things up and using supplies they already have and making these albums truly their own. I had a few cards, journaling cards, and card stock left over from the AMBER EDITION kit, I bought last year and gathered some of my other supplies and started putting some layouts together..




.


I'm kinda of proud of them and liked how fast they came together. You'll notice that the pages are in a beautiful orange clementine album- this will not be their permanent home. This will be a working binder after I have enough pages, they will move into a black leather We r Memory Keepers album, just like the 2011 editions.


I am still planning on buying both the clementine and cobalt core kits. My hope is that I'll have left over supplies to start my 2013 project life. I love this project and I hope to do it for many years to come...


Michelle


*Project Life is a product created by Becky Higgins. It can be as elaborate or as simple as you want. The project is yours to make documenting life simple, easy, beautiful, and fun. If you want to learn more click on the Project Life button on the right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment