Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Laundry Room Wall Art and Labels



Hola! If you are linking up from Young House Love or Bower Power, welcome! My blog is pretty new and this is my very first PINTEREST CHALLENGE and first link-up party. Well, I'm going to make up a new board on Pinterest untitled "DONE" and this will be my first pin...I'm so excited! This was my inspiration:
Source: www.bhg.com
Source: www.brown-paper-packages
Honestly, the decoupaged clothes pins made me nervous, but in the end it was the stamped clothespins that gave me the most problems. I read the directions wrong and ended up doing something completely different for my wall art. It's ok, the whole point was for me to have wall art in my laundry nook and in the end that's what I got. I live in a  small town with my local Micheal's/ Hobby Lobby 80 miles away- GASP!! So I headed to Wal-Mart and hoped for the best, luckily I found what I needed. I got 3 5x7 frames for .97, white spray paint, white paint ( that I ended up not using),  a pack of clothespins and I was very lucky to find Modge Podge. I already had the scrapbook paper. 



I spray painted the frames white, and "modged podged' the clothes pins. The process was pretty easy and the results beautiful, now I want to "modge podge" everything!! 



I was lucky to find some scrapbook paper that matched the ironing board cover I bought at Home Goods and from there I got the colors for my wall art.

Since my stamping didn't go as planned I got on the computer and made my own wall art using MICROSOFT PUBLISHER.  I got some clipart online, changed the colors, and made my art. I felt like a professional graphic designer, hehehehehe!!


This is my finished product and I'm pretty proud of it- not because I think it's pretty, but because I actually finished it!! YAY! Hope you like it.





I still need to hang up the art and laminate cards. I won't show the entire room, until I have everything done. Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed it! 

Oh, and if you can't read what's typed on the poster, it says:

The Laundry Room: Sorting Out Life, one load at a time...

Michelle






No comments:

Post a Comment