Monday, June 11, 2012

Finally.... My first blog post!!!

 Hola !! I'm finally getting around to writing my first blog post, like the title of my blog suggests.. I have have a nice, full, busy, crazy, but happy life, and I wanted to find the perfect time to write my first blog post. With all craziness, I just kept putting it off and putting it off.. But, there's no better time than the present so here it goes...

First of all, let me start by introducing myself, in case someone who doesn't know me stumbles onto this little blog.  My name is Michelle, I've been married for 11 years to my high school sweetheart, Marc. We've been together since we were 14!! We don't have any kids.... but one day ( God willing), it will happen for us. We live in a small , but wonderful town in South Texas.  For the past 6 years, I've worked as a pre-k teacher in a neighboring town. I love my job, it's the most rewarding job in the world.. I love working with the little ones and I don't see myself doing anything else.  I love crafting.. I come from a pretty crafty family. My mom and one of my aunts are awesome quilt makers, and both my sister and I made our own bouquets and flowers for our weddings. Although I like flower arranging, and I would love to learn how to quilt, my favorite craft is scrap booking. I have been  scrap booking since I was 18, when I got a scrapbook kit as a graduation gift. My scrap booking has evolved over the years, and I'm currently doing my own condensed version of Stacy Julian's Library of memories. And of course I'm also doing project life & I LOVE IT!! Aside from my parents and my husband... BECKY HIGGINS is my hero, lol!  I've always loved to take pictures and recently, I've become interested in learning more about photography. One day, I'd like to be able to take really good pictures and start some kind of photography business.

We live in a little 3-bedroom house we bought about 10 years ago, slowly, very slowly we've been making changes it to it. And when money and time permits, I love to decorate and organize our little castle. I have a very loooooong list of ideas and to-do's around the house. I love to read blogs like
YOUNG HOUSE LOVE, I HEART ORGANIZING, BOWER POWER, and others that have definitely inspired me.

With all the stuff going on in my life.... Why a blog ? Just another thing to take up my time ? Another chore? Over the past 2 years, or so I discovered blogs and I loved reading them.. so I decided that one day I would start my own...just a place where I can categorize my projects, gather ideas, and even maybe bounce ideas and feedback from other people.  I just started my summer vacation, I'll be doing some traveling, lots of scrap booking projects, organizing/decorating projects around the house, and of course some school-related stuff. I'm looking forward to working on the blog and seeing where it goes..


Michelle
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment