Monday, June 25, 2012

Hello... Is anybody out there???

Just writing a little post for myself and my faithful blog reader, my husband Marc... lol!  This weekend we spent some time just enjoying the company of family and friends. On Friday, I wrote out a "organization/clean" to-do list  & a "crafty" to-do list for the week. My goal was to hit the ground running this Monday morning and start scratching off those tasks... HA!! 
My wonderful hubby felt sick this morning and stayed home from work today, so we've spend the day just being lazy....updating our itunes music, reading blogs, I installed my photoshop on my new laptop, and of course eating. Do I feel guilty.. NOT- AT- ALL. I loved that after spending the weekend with so many people, my hubby and I got this downtime to spend together.
My goal for Friday is to at least start, but hopefully finish some of the things I have on my to- do lists.

The Organization/Clean-up List

1. Clean and organize pantry
2. Finish organizing lower kitchen cabinets
3. Clean and organize laundry area
4. Start cleaning spare room

My plan is to do a major organization/cleaning overhaul in the kitchen cabinets/ panty- at this point it is desperately needed. I still need to get some more baskets, organizational items, and some planning to really make this happen. So I'll post some pics when it's completely done. The hubby (that's you, Marc ) and I added some shelving from Ikea to our little corner laundry area last summer. So now it has great shelving, along with a rod to hang our clothes to dry. I want to organize it a bit more with baskets and decorate it a bit more... looking for some cute ideas on pinterest.  Also our spare bedroom is a catch-all, junk room.. we've had some guests lately and no guest room, our goal is to clean it out and finally use it as a guestroom.

The Crafty List- this is the fun one!!

1. Finish my niece's senior album
2. Make a Christmas planner
3. Work on 2-3 scrapbook pages
4. Work on project life

# 3 and #4 will probably be on my list every.. single...week. But I really want to finish my niece's senior album and the Christmas planner this week. I need to put together some pages and print out some pictures for my niece's album and I'll be done, can't wait to give it to her. Why a Christmas planner? Cause Christmas is exactly 6 months away and every December I find myself scrambling putting together lists of things to do, gifts to buy, etc. I just want to have it ready, plus the hubby and I want to start buying gifts- two a month and I want to have an ongoing list to keep track of what  we are buying. I know they seem like VERY BIG plans, but I'm at least willing to try.... sigh.... Here I go....

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment