Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer Wrap-up 2012

Here I am, the last Saturday of my summer vacation. It seems that once school starts, life moves 100 miles an hour. I have been back at work for a week, in meetings, working on our rooms, lesson plans..etc. But to me, it's when we have our have the kiddos in the classroom that I truly feel that summer is truly over!! I love my job, but I love summer...
This Summer was AWESOME... here's a wrap-up of Summer 2012.

June

Our niece graduated from High School- so proud of her!!



My Aunt Oralia retired after 35 years as an educator. We celebrated with a Hawaiian luau. I was fun!!


Also these cute boys got to meet...Awwww!! Love this pic!! It looks like Xavier is introducing himself to Joey.  Gotta post the other pics- So Cute!!



Did I mention we had THREE parties on the weekend of my aunts retirement party!!
My sweet momma's birthday and we also celebrated my little cousin Tino's 5th birthday a bit early. So sweet to have my grandma's three great-grandsons together!!


Our trip to the Bahamas!!!!


The annual trip to County Line BBQ for our great friend Adrian's birthday!

July


My nephew's 15th birthday!!!


Celebrated the 4TH with a BBQ with family!!


Participated in my first PINTEREST challenge


SNEAK PEAK!!! Finally built our shed barn!! More info on that later!!



Our trip to Austin/ New Braunfels to visit family & where I found lots of great finds at the thrift stores.

August


Ate lots of new, healthier recipes, saving those for a rainy day :)


Also tried some yummy drinks!! Also saving for a rainy day.


And... we celebrated Xavier's 1st birthday! And I created my first birthday hat- LOVE the way it turned out..

As far as my Summer to do list, here's how I did

House Stuff
Put up blinds & curtain rod in the kitchen
Make no-sew curtain for kitchen window
Clean and organize under kitchen sink  Still need to get some organizational stuff to finish it up!
Clean and organize kitchen drawers
Clean and organize upper kitchen cabinets
Clean and organize pantry
Clean and organize lower kitchen cabinets
Clean and organize laundry area-  Still need to get some baskets, and other things to finish this space. 
Clean and organize bookcase in office
Organize and rearrange office furniture
Clean and organize Marc's desk
Clean and organize master closet
Organize under sink in guest bath
Paint guest bath & redecorate
Remove carpet and paint master bath ( yes, we have carpet in the guest bath, not by choice, YUCK!)
Empty guestroom and put stuff in barn- I still working on this, slowly taking stuff to the barn and slowly reclaiming our home!
Put up the light fixtures we bought in the office, hall, and laundry room
Repave front walkway
Organize craft closet

Craft Stuff
Finish my niece's senior album- A monster of a project I was not able to.....but I'm so close to finishing!!
Get caught up with PROJECT LIFE
Make a treasure box for school
Get caught up with regular scrapbooking!
Spray paint some stuff for kitchen!!Still need to paint a few more things, but got the stuff I had wanted to do   
Paint & line drawers of old desk, also new knobs!!
Make labels for album spines
Decorate clothespins and make art for laundry room
Make wreath for classroom- Just bought the stuff to make wreath- will show SOON!!
Make a Christmas Planner - I've created the pages for my planner, just need to tweak and print!

I'm pretty happy with the progress on my list. Now that school is starting, I know I will post a lot less.I'm still putting the finishing touches on some summer projects, that I can't wait to show you. Also some pics of my classroom and other school projects. For all the teachers have a great year and God bless!!

Michelle






No comments:

Post a Comment