Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Organization

Now that the holidays are over, it's time to put everything away.... :(
I know.... sad, sad day! But it has to be done.
Throughout the years I have been updating my totes and plastic boxes. Some of the purchases this year was the red Christmas tree bad and the smaller red and green totes. The tree bag is pretty awesome and we were able to fit our 7 foot tree and all the attachments.



This box, I bought it at Lowes, it had cardboard compartments to separate all the ornaments, but for some
 reason it didn't work for me. I bought these shoe boxes that came in a set of 3, there I store all my unbreakable ornaments, I can fit 4 shoe boxes and still have enough room on the side to store tree toppers and other decorations. I put the table place mats on top before closing the lid.



The biggest box we have holds 2 What I call "egg carton" boxes that holds breakable ornaments. Marc's tree and decorations, the nativity scene, and other small decorations.


The next box holds the Christmas bathroom accessories, tree skirt, and 2 more shoe boxes holding Marc's tree ornaments and other decor.

 The last box holds the pillows we use on the couches, Christmas hats, and and stockings.

All our boxes are stored in our barn/ storage room- a God send!!  All I need to make are the labels, but I'm still thinking about how to make them. How do you store your Christmas decor??

Have a great week,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment