Saturday, August 9, 2014

T.V Console Organization

When my hubby and I first started buying furniture for our house, we bought a huge entertainment center for our living room. After years of using it, we decided it didn't suit our room size or style. Recently, we bought a medium size console. It was big enough for our T.V, but small enough for our space.



It is Cherry wood and I love it's very simple and has plenty of storage room..


The large middle cabinet holds our board games on the first shelf. On the 2nd shelf.. 3 long, skinny, wicker baskets from Target fit perfectly. The baskets hold my husband's video games, my Zumba video and accessories, and the middle basket is empty.


The right side cabinet, holds 3 picture boxes. I am in the process of organizing my photos and most of my pictures were dumped in these 3 boxes, I bought them years ago at Wal-Mart. I had put them in a donation pile, but decided to keep them for this project. The red box holds card games, bingo cards, etc.. The turquoise box holds kid's movies. I'm a teacher and we watch movies sometimes for holidays, etc.. so I keep these movies in their package and separate from our other movies. The green box holds blank CD's and DVD's. The boxes are labeled, so ill remember what I have in them.


On the left side, I put 2 acrylic boxes with our CD's and DVD's. I  labeled them with pretty scrapbook paper. I got these boxes at the Container Store, they are pricey.. but so worth it!!
Here's the.link


Here's a closer look at the inside. Was it hard to throw all the DVD covers.. a little, but it creates so much space. I still need to put together one more box to store the rest of our music and I am also thinking of making CD's of our photos and  putting a box together of all our photos.. but we'll see.
Hope you enjoyed this small organization project.


Love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment